Friday, November 12, 2010

Wilted Spinach and Bacon Salad




I feel like a newly inspired woman!
I went to a cooking class featuring ShirleyJ cooking essentials
Universal sauce, seasonings, etc.
This is a recipe in their order book. I am waiting for my sauces to come in,
so future ShirleyJ recipes to come.

Here is the real recipe:
2 T ShirleyJ Pizza and Pasta Seasoning Mix
8 strips of bacon
3 oz feta cheese
12 oz bag of baby spinach
1/3 C red onion diced
1/3 C dried cranberries
1 Fuji apple, sliced
1 t brown sugar
1/4 C balsamic vinegar
1 T water

Cook the bacon, save the drippings. Crumble bacon in a bowl with spinach, cranberries and apple. Into a small saucepan combine the bacon drippings, onions, vinegar, water sugar and seasoning. Cook on low 4-5 minutes. Toss warm dressing in the salad. Garnish with Feta.

My twist:
The dressing seemed to need a little bit more brown sugar
after only pouring on half of the dressing I added more to the remaining
=much better, I think 2 t of brown sugar instead of 1 {maybe more}
I didn't have red onion, I used dehydrated {still delicious}
I always cook my bacon in the oven, 400 degrees 15 minutes
it always cooks perfectly, always.
I will also put on walnuts or pecans next time for a little crunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment